AutoCAD Level 2
Recommended Course Length: 2 days*
Class Hours: 8:30-4:30
24 AIA Learning Units
This class strives to make the student more proficient in the use of AutoCAD. The class teaches students how to use the most efficient command for a task and introduces advanced techniques for drawing, editing, working with advanced customization tools, blocks, working with sheet sets, and creating layouts.
Upon completion of the class, the student will be more efficient with the following; tool palettes, drawing with complex objects (including polylines, regions, and advanced text objects), defining blocks and attributes, using external reference files and image files, using layouts and advanced plotting features, creating sheet sets, and enhancing productivity with simple customization. We recommend practice after class in order to reinforce these new skills.
Who Should Attend
AutoCAD Users who want to become more proficient in the use of AutoCAD (AutoCAD Level 2 users). The class is appropriate for all disciplines – architects, engineers, designers, facilities planners, drafters, technicians, and others. It is also appropriate for those who will be primarily involved in editing drawings created by others.
Each Student Receives
- A Student Guide for use in the classroom*
- Telephone support on class topics for 30 days
- Certificate of completion
- AIA Learning Units for AIA members
* If desired, training materials may be purchased separately for use as a reference guide outside the classroom. Cost varies by title, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
It is recommended that the student have a working knowledge of:
- A recent version of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- AutoCAD Level 1 most current version or equivalent experience.
- AutoCAD Update class if coming from a previous version of AutoCAD.
- Drafting, design, or engineering experience.
- Advanced Text Topics
- Creating Tables
- Defining dynamic blocks and attributes
- Using external reference files and image files
- Creating sheet sets
- CAD Management and system setup
- Enhancing productivity with interface customization of AutoCAD
*Course length and cost are based on a minimum of four attendees MasterGraphics reserves the right to cancel classes.
*Note: The course topics are a guideline and class topics may be modified by the instructor based upon the class flow.