AutoCAD Map 3D
Recommended Course Length: 2 days*
Cost: Call for pricing
14 AIA Learning Units
This course is run on a “by request” basis
This course is designed to enable new users to learn most features and functions of AutoCAD Map 3D software to create, manage, and analyze mapping data. Following a typical mapping and GIS project workflow, you will learn to create thematic maps, retrieve data from multiple drawings, import external file formats, and use object data.
Topics considered fundamental to using AutoCAD Map 3D software are covered in depth. Advanced features are covered, and depending on the needs of each student, can be approached as an introduction or can be followed for a more comprehensive understanding.
The primary objective of the course is for students to learn the fundamentals of AutoCAD Map 3D, and through hands-on exercises learn how to create, edit, manage, and analyze mapping data.
After completing this courseware, students will be able to:
- Create coordinate geometry and clean up drawings.
- Link and manage attribute data.
- Import mapping data from other applications.
- Set up and manage feature classification.
- Work with raster images.
- Attach and manage source drawings.
- Query objects from source drawings.
- Manage the display of map objects with Display Manager.
- Access, edit, and manage geospatial data.
- Create and analyze topologies.
- Plot map books.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who plans on implementing GIS functions along with the traditional CAD drafting tools should attend this class. Land Planners, municipal and city engineers or those interested in accessing extended information from their CAD drawings. This is an excellent class for new hires, for those who are first going to AutoCAD Map 3D or for those who are returning users.
Each Student Receives
- A student guide for use in the classroom*
- Telephone support on class topics for 30 days
- Certificate of completion
* If desired, training materials may be purchased separately for use as a reference guide outside the classroom. Cost varies by title, please contact email@example.com for details.
- Working knowledge of a recent version of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Drafting, design, or engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of a recent AutoCAD release.
- Knowledge of GIS, database fundamentals, and Structured Query Language (SQL) is helpful but not necessary.
- The AutoCAD Map 3D Interface
Creating and Editing Geometry
- Working with Coordinate Geometry
- Performing Drawing Cleanup
Linking and Managing Attribute Data
- Creating and Attaching Object Data
- Editing and Managing Object Data
- Connecting to a Database
- Defining a Link Template, and Linking Records to Objects
- Creating Dynamic Annotation
Importing and Exporting Data
- Importing Data into AutoCAD Map 3D
Using Feature Classification
- Setting Up Feature Classification
- Classify, Select, and Create Feature Class Objects
Working with Raster Images
- Inserting Raster Images
- Modifying Raster Image Properties and Behavior
Working with Source Drawings
- Source Drawing Concepts
- Attaching Source Drawings
- Managing Source Drawings
- Working with Coordinate Systems
Using Source Drawing Queries
- Define Property and Location Queries
- Define Data Queries
- Compound Queries
- Altering Properties During Queries
- Using the Query Library
- Editing in a Multiple Drawing Environment
Using the Display Manager
- About the Display Manager
- Creating Display Maps
- Creating Display Map Scales
- Using the Display Library
- Creating Thematic Maps
Working with Geospatial Data
- Connect to a Feature Source
- Stylize Features
- Working with Point Data
- Editing Feature Attribute Data
- Working with DEM Data
Using Topology and Spatial Analysis
- Creating Network Topology
- Creating Polygon Topology
- Edit and Manage Topologies
- Network Topology Analysis
- Polygon Topology Analysis
- Map Books
*Course length and cost are based on a minimum of four attendees MasterGraphics reserves the right to cancel classes.
*Note: The course topics are a guideline and class topics may be modified by the instructor based upon the class flow.