Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis
Recommended Course Length: 3 days with 4 hours of mentoring included*
Class Hours: 8:30-4:30
*Onsite mentoring is provided for companies within 50 miles of a MasterGraphics office location.
This 3-day course will introduce students to Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis. You will learn fundamentals of advanced frame analysis and code checking of structures for static and transient, wind and seismic, loads for steel and concrete. The focus will be on the strengths of Robot Structural Analysis with AISC steel design, ACI concrete design, wind analysis, and seismic analysis. Program interface capabilities will also be covered.
Upon completion of the class, the student will be able to create frame structures out of different materials subjected to various load cases. We recommend 20 to 40 hours of additional practice with items covered in the class in order to reinforce these new skills. Upon course completion, mentoring is provided to adapt and reinforce topics for your company’s specific needs.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone who plans on using Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis or wants to have a better understanding of code-oriented structural design.
Each Student Receives
- A student guide for use in the classroom*
- Telephone support on class topics for 30 days
- Certificate of completion
* If desired, Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis training materials may be purchased separately for use as a reference guide outside the classroom. Cost varies by title, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
It is recommended that the student have a working knowledge of:
- A recent version of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Structural Engineering or Related Degree or Engineering Experience.
- Background of Frame Analysis
- Discussion of Loading Types
- Review of Codes Supported
Chapter 1: Using Autodesk Simulation
- Navigating the User Interface
- Configuring Material Databases
- Design Code Setup
- Analysis Settings
Chapter 2: Modeling in Robot Structural Analysis
- Layout of Grids and Levels
- Modeling Bar Elements
- Modeling Beam Elements
- Modeling Column Elements
- Support and End Conditions
- Importing Model from Other Software
- Structure Modifications
Chapter 3: Load Application and Analysis
- Load Placement Techniques
- Automatic Load Combination
Chapter 4: Results and Reporting
- Result Viewing and Searching
- Design Optimization
- Report Generation
- Verification of Results
Chapter 5: Steel Design Methodologies
- AISC Code Requirements
- Direct Analysis Method
- Connection Design
- Exporting Results
Chapter 6: Structural Plate Elements
- Configuring of Vertical and Horizontal Plate Elements
- Diaphragm Design
- Plate Meshing
Chapter 7: Wind Loading Analysis
- Wind Code Analysis
- Virtual Wind Tunnel Analysis
Chapter 8: Seismic Loading Analysis
- Equivalent Lateral Force Method
- Response Spectrum Analysis
- Dynamic Analysis
Chapter 9: Concrete Design
- ACI Code Requirements
- Reinforcement and Geometry Optimization
- Review of Validation Methods
*Course length and cost are based on a minimum of four attendees MasterGraphics reserves the right to cancel classes.
*Note: The course topics are a guideline and class topics may be modified by the instructor based upon the class flow.