Revit Architecture Level 1 for Contractors
Course Length: 4 days*
Class Hours: 8:30 – 4:30
32 AIA Learning Units
Learn the Fundamentals of Revit Architecture and strategies for contractors using Revit Architecture and BIM (Building Information Modeling). You will learn the differences between design intent and construction intent models Learn ways to use the Revit model for collaboration, estimating, project phasing and problem solving. Class concludes with demonstrations of Autodesk Navisworks and Quantity Take-off.
Who Should Attend
- General Contractors
- Sub Contractors
- Construction Project Managers
- Add walls, doors and windows
- Edit structure of walls
- Embed Information into elements
- Create a schedule from Revit elements
- Learn the pros and cons to using the designers model vs. creating your own model
- Create a Quantity Take-off
- Run Coordination Review and Interference Check in Revit
- Create 3D views and perspectives to communicate better with your clients
- Import and Export files
- Overview Navisworks
- Run Clash Detection on all elements of the project, across all disciplines
- Use Timeliner to create a 3D sequencing of construction events
- Use Animator to show moving objects in the project.
Each Student Receives
- A student guide for use in the classroom*
- Telephone support on class topics for 30 days
- Certificate of completion
- AIA Learning Units for AIA members
* If desired, training materials may be purchased separately for use as a reference guide outside the classroom. Cost varies by title, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Working knowledge of a recent version of the Microsoft Windows Operating System.
- No previous CAD experience is required.
- Building Information Modeling in Revit Architecture
- Basic Drawing and Editing Tools
- Setting up Levels and Grids
- Importing CAD files
- Drawing and Modifying Walls
- Creating Doors and Windows
- Creating Custom Walls
- Creating Floors
- Creating Roofs
- Creating Stairs, Ramps and Railings
- Creating Ceilings and fixtures
- Finding Interference Detection
- Working with Project Phases
- Duplicating views
- Placing views on a sheet
- Creating Text and Dimensions
- Adding Tags
- Creating Quantity Schedules and Material Take-offs
- Autodesk Navisworks Demo
- Autodesk Quantity Take-off Demo
*Note: The course topics are a guideline and class topics may be modified by the instructor based upon the class flow.
*Course length and cost are based on a minimum of four attendees. MasterGraphics reserves the right to cancel classes.