Revit MEP Plumbing and Fire Protection
Recommended Course Length: 1 day*
Course Hours: 8:30 – 4:30
8 AIA Learning Units
This one day instructor-led Revit plumbing course and tutorial will teach students to use Autodesk Revit MEP Plumbing to model discipline specific MEP systems for real world applications. The instructor will use lecture, discussions, and hands-on practices (based on real customer scenarios) to teach students techniques for initiating a Building Information Model (BIM) project, recommended workflows and basic skills required to layout plumbing and fire protection systems, solving common issues, and use its tools to create and modify discipline specific MEP systems and parametric engineering components. Given a complete architectural building model (as a reference), the student will be able to produce a commercial BIM design that contains functional plumbing and fire protection systems. The student will then be able to extract 2D drawings for construction documents.
Who Should Attend
This Revit plumbing course is intended for Plumbing and Fire Protection designers, drafters, modelers, and engineers new to Revit MEP Plumbing.
Each Student Receives
- A student guide for use in the classroom*
- Telephone support on class topics for 30 days
- Certificate of completion
- AIA Learning Units for AIA members
* If desired, Revit plumbing training materials may be purchased separately for use as a reference guide outside the classroom. Cost varies by title, please contact email@example.com for details.
- Basic understanding of BIM and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- Completion of the Revit MEP Core Training course
- Understand how to establish Plumbing/FP/piping settings, including:
- Create/ specify Pipe Types for the creation of physical systems.
- Create automatic routing with the above-specified Pipe Types.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Fittings and Lookup Tables and how they to utilize them efficiently.
- Create Logical System connections, including:
- Sanitary, DHW, DCW, and others.
- Systems / equipment properties.
- Create Physical System connections, including:
- Using the Generate Layout tool to automatically create piping.
- Assess which of the following commands – Connect Into/ Routing Solutions/ Auto-Connect – is best to use in specific situations.
- Identify riser diagrams from 3D model elements and isometrics.
- Fire Protection
- Understand how to create zones by using color-fills.
- Properly use a Sprinkler Layout/ Design schedule to create an efficient design.
- Demonstrate how to create Fire Protection systems both logically and physically utilizing the generate layout tools.
*Course length and cost are based on a minimum of four attendees MasterGraphics reserves the right to cancel classes.
*Note: The course topics are a guideline and class topics may be modified by the instructor based upon the class flow.