WisDOT Civil 3D Training for Plat Development
Recommended Course Length: 5 days*
Class Hours: 8:30-4:30
*Class is Ran By Request Only
This 5-day course will introduce students familiar with the Microstation platform to the base principals of AutoCAD Civil 3D and the necessary work flows to become efficient working with WisDOT plat development standards. You will learn how to create and edit points and surfaces, understand how a dynamic model that contains all of the core geometry can integrate and leverage the data that is collected out in the field.
The primary objective of the course is for students to learn the fundamentals of AutoCAD Civil 3D, and through hands-on exercises learn how to create, edit, and manage civil design data specific to the WisDOT workflows.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who plans on implementing Civil 3D workflows for WisDOT plat development projects will benefit from this class. This is an excellent class for new hires or for those who are first going to AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Each Student Receives
- A copy of Mastering Civil 3D for use in the classroom*
- Telephone support on class topics for 30 days
- Certificate of completion
* If desired, training materials may be purchased separately for use as a reference guide outside the classroom. Cost varies by title, please contact email@example.com for details.
- Working knowledge of a recent version of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Design or engineering experience.
- Overview of AutoCAD 2014
- The AutoCAD Civil 3D Basics
- Survey & Points
- Plan Production Output
- Project Best Practices and Data Sharing
- Civil 3D Templates and Styles
- Sheet Set Manager
*Course length and cost are based on a minimum of four attendees MasterGraphics reserves the right to cancel classes.
*Note: The course topics are a guideline and class topics may be modified by the instructor based upon the class flow.