WisDOT Civil 3D Training for Surveyors
Recommended Course Length: 4 days*
Class Hours: 8:30-4:30
*Class is Ran By Request Only
This 4-day course will introduce students familiar with the Microstation platform to the base principals of AutoCAD Civil 3D and the necessary work flows to become efficient working with WisDOT surveyors standards. You will learn how to create and edit points and surfaces, understand how a dynamic model that contains all of the core geometry can integrate and leverage the data that is collected out in the field. When you make a change to the design, Civil 3D automatically updates the related objects, views, annotations, tables, etc. Keeping all design elements synchronized is therefore greatly simplified.
Upon completion of the class, the student will be able to We recommend 20 to 40 hours of additional practice with WisDOT videos.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone who plans collecting field data for WisDOT projects and submitting that data in an RFP.
Each Student Receives
- A copy of Mastering Civil 3D for use in the classroom*
- Telephone support on class topics for 30 days
- Certificate of completion
* If desired, training materials may be purchased separately for use as a reference guide outside the classroom. Cost varies by title, please contact email@example.com for details.
- Working knowledge of a recent version of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Design or engineering experience.
- Overview of AutoCAD 2014
- General Project Setup
- Field coding and settings
- Project Setup
- Translating FBK
- Importing to the Database
- Data from database to the files
- Editing data
- Creating/managing a surface from the database
- Exporting from the file
- Surface Creation
- Surface Editing
*Course length and cost are based on a minimum of four attendees MasterGraphics reserves the right to cancel classes.
*Note: The course topics are a guideline and class topics may be modified by the instructor based upon the class flow.